Monday, November 10, 2014

• QUEEN ROCK ART POSTER 1979 •


• QUEEN ROCK ART POSTER 1979 •
My first ever, paid, commission, came whilst I was at art college in Liverpool.
I think I saw a ad in NME asking for artists to work on rock posters, well who could resist that kind of offer?
I'd just seen Queen in concert at the Liverpool Empire and had taken a couple of reels of b/w film as reference shots.
The artwork was around A1 in size and produced using airbrush, inks, water colour, gouache and colour pencil, and I still have the original tucked away in a drawer.
I delivered it by hand on the train down to London and received a big fat cheque for £260, and felt pleased to have earned my first payment for illustration work.
I went on to illustrate Pink Floyd, Police and Yes, the latter two being published in the book Visions of Rock.

Please feel free to double click and enlarge the images but remember they are strictly copyright. ©

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home